|Diagnosis and Treatment Planning I||841DIP1|
|Learning Period:||Language of Instruction:||Total Hours:|
|Learning Outcomes of the Curricular Unit:|
|Basic principles on gathering clinical information. Slight knowledge on the elaboration of the diagnosis. Considerations about concerning as to take decisions on the treatment. Organization the treatment plan. Presentation of examples about clinical cases of diagnosis and planning.General diagnosis and planning objectives.|
|- Basic Concepts on the planning of the dental treatments and analysis of the expectations of the patient in relation to the doctor dentist.|
- Basic Principles in the retraction of the clinical information general clinical History current dental clinical History.
- Elaboration of the diagnosis in different areas of dentistry.
- Different phases for the elaboration of the plan of treatment in dental medicine.
- Presentation of examples of clinical cases of diagnosis and planning
|Demonstration of the Syllabus Coherence with the Curricular Unit's Objectives:|
|In the scope of the graduation in Dental Medicine, the education of diagnosis and treatment planning discipline over all aims at the aquisition of knowledge in order to make possible for the students to, individually, elaborate the diagnosis and treatment plan of patienst. It also aims at transmiting the knowledge of methods and alternative techniques of treatment integrating in the different areas of Dentistry, that make possible oral rehabilitation of a patient, in the perspective of the current Dental Medicine. Aditionaly students analysise clinical cases and orient the elaboration and the scientific presentation of an analyzed clinical case.|
|Teaching Methodologies (Including Evaluation):|
|The evaluation of this curricular unit will be accomplished in accordance with the Pedagogical Regulation. The final evaluation will be entered by the theoric-pratical evaluation.|
|Demonstration of the Coherence between the Teaching Methodologies and the Learning Outcomes:|
|The evaluation of the theric-pratical component includes continuous evaluation and performance in the discution of clinical cases presented in theoretical lessons and the accomplishment of a written theoretical test. The students that in the evaluation of the discipline have an classification inferior to 10 values, will be acceped to final examinations, provided that they have fulfilled to the percentages of obligator frequency as stated by the Pedagogical Regulation.|
|1. MELLOR A, SHEARER A. Treatment Planning in Primary Dental care. Oxford University Press, 1ª ed, 2003.|
2. EPTEIN, OWEN, PERHIN GD, COOHSON J. Exame clínico. Elsevier, 3ª Ed, Rio de Janeiro, 2004.
3. WELBSY PD. História e exame clínico. Churchill Livingstone, Euromédica, Edições Médicas, 1998.
4. ROBLEE, R. Interdisciplinary Dentofacial Therapy. Quintessence.1994
5. STEFANAC J, NESBIT S, Treatment Planning in Dentistry, 2ª ed, 2006
6. Artigos Científicos, actuais credíveis, pesquisados pelos alunos, sob orientação dos docentes da disciplina.