|Criminal Law and Procedure I||780DPP1|
|Learning Period:||Language of Instruction:||Total Hours:|
|Learning Outcomes of the Curricular Unit:|
|It is intended that students be able to have an overview of the purpose of criminal proceedings, distinguishing between its different phases, the various procedural subjects and roles of each of the main aspects of the subjects and to acquire capacity in handling and proper use of relevant discipline.|
|Seizure of the contents of the course, including the global knowledge about the structure and conduct of criminal procedural law, as well as specific knowledge about the relevant aspects of different stages of criminal proceedings and materials more pratical impact (as is true of the evidence and the means of obtaining evidence and enforcement measures and financial measures.|
Classes will take a theoretical practice, composed of a theoretical problem of the content of the discipline, it seeks to stimulate students' critical spirit.
|Demonstration of the Syllabus Coherence with the Curricular Unit's Objectives:|
|Syllabus contents focus on specific theoretical issues in the area of Criminal Law and Procedure Iassessment in forensic context, thus enabling the fulfillment of the course objectives, specifically: to integrate knowledge, skills and abilities so as to have a technical; to demonstrate knowledge and skills in performing tasks on daily basis;|
To demonstrate oral and written communication skills of expert assessment contents; to show autonomy and responsible conduct on duty.
|Teaching Methodologies (Including Evaluation):|
|Teaching methodology will include theoretical lecturing and legislation, as well as thematic debating and critical reflection. Assessment will be continuous and based on two written tests, as well as the execution of theoretical and practical tasks in the classroom, and students’ punctuality and attendance.|
|Demonstration of the Coherence between the Teaching Methodologies and the Learning Outcomes:|
|Theoretical exposition of contents; Practical exercises with the aim of demonstrating knowledge and skills in performing tasks related with Criminal Law and Procedure; Master main legislation on this area. To demonstrate oral and written communication skills of expert assessment contents; to show autonomy and responsible conduct in practice.|
|- Códigos de Direito Penal e de Processo Penal, Almedina, 2019|
- Manuel Simas Santos - Noções de Processo Penal, Rei dos Livros
- Paula Marques Carvalho - Manual Prático de Processo Penal, 7.ª Edição, Almedina, 2013
- Germano Marques da Silva - Curso de Processo Penal. Vol. I a III, Lisboa, 2008
- Germano Marques da Silva, Constituição Portuguesa Anotada, Jorge Miranda/Rui Jorge de Figueiredo Dias, Sobre os sujeitos processuais no novo Código de Processo Penal, Jornadas de Direito Processual Penal, Coimbra, 1988, p.3
- Anabela Miranda Rodrigues, O inquérito no novo Código de Processo Penal, Jornadas de Direito Processual Penal, O novo Código de Processo Penal, Coimbra, 1988, p. 59 ss.