|International Trade and Globalization||1175CITG|
|2||Undergraduate||Business Sciences||4 ects|
|Learning Period:||Language of Instruction:||Total Hours:|
|Learning Outcomes of the Curricular Unit:|
|1. Being able to contextualize International Trade as a branch of Economic Theory|
2. Be able to understand the importance of international trade and foreign direct investment as phenomena of the real economy.
3. Be able to analyse and interpret international trade statistical data.
4. Develop learning skills in terms of the definition and implementation of strategies within the scope of internationalization processes that allow the student to independently develop strategic projects of internationalization.
5. Work in an international environment with appropriate consideration for differences in culture, language, and social and economic factors
6. To develop a critical analyze
|Fundamental concepts for the understanding of the international trade in the context of globalization.The international trade evolution in the context of globalization. International markets and the internationalization. Communication in international negotiations.|
|Demonstration of the Syllabus Coherence with the Curricular Unit's Objectives:|
|The concepts and skills acquired in this course unit will provide students of knowledge and tools to understand the current issues of the international business within globalization context.|
|Teaching Methodologies (Including Evaluation):|
|The course appeals to the qualitative methodologies, specifically with the use of the case study.|
The unit has continuous evaluation, taking into consideration the following elements and their weights:
Written test (50% of final mark) + Essay (50%)
|Demonstration of the Coherence between the Teaching Methodologies and the Learning Outcomes:|
|Bearing in mind the objectives identified, it is necessary to adopt a process of teaching and learning organized into theoretical and practical sessions. In this context, besides the explanation of the subjects of this curricular unit case-studies will be explored.|
|1. Almeida, F. (2016). Introdução à Gestão das Organizações. 4aEd. Lisboa: Escolar Editora.|
2. International Chamber of Commerce (2010): Incoterms 2010, Câmara de Comércio Internacional, Lisboa.
3. Maçães, M. (2018). Manual de Gestão Moderna. Lisboa. Conjuntura Actual Editora.
4. Martins, Jorge P. e Martins, F. Hélder (2015), Dicionário de Economia e Negócios. Internacionais, Edições Sílabo, Lisboa.
5. Morrison, J. (2017). The Global Business Environment. Challenges. and Responsibilities UK: Palgrave Macmillan.
6. Morrison, J. (2020). The Global Business Environment. Towards Sustainability UK: Palgrave Macmillan.
7. Westwood, John (2013), Iniciação à Exportação, Actual, Almedina, Coimbra.