|Companies and Construction Yards Management||827GEES|
|3||Undergraduate||Civil Engineering||5 ects|
|Learning Period:||Language of Instruction:||Total Hours:|
|Learning Outcomes of the Curricular Unit:|
|In this discipline the key issues associated with the construction management are addressed. Students will be faced with the methodologies of business structuring in construction. They will be presented at the most important functions in terms of project management, from planning techniques, management and design of a construction site, management of human resources, materials and equipment. Some of the themes will be deepened in the course of Supervision, Coordination and Construction Control.|
general skills to be achieved:
- Analysis capacity, synthesis and critical application of knowledg
|In this subject students will learn about some of the main theories in management in the civil construction area, especially in the production sector. |
This includes organizational techniques, human resource management and the main tools for buildyard construction.
It happens in a moment when the students have already made acquaintance with other subjects, and it finds continuity in the subject of construction control and management.
|Demonstration of the Syllabus Coherence with the Curricular Unit's Objectives:|
|The contents prove to be adequate to meet the objectives of the course.|
|Teaching Methodologies (Including Evaluation):|
|Demonstration of the Coherence between the Teaching Methodologies and the Learning Outcomes:|
|The teaching methods prove to be adequate to meet the objectives of the course.|
|(1)Calafate, B. Vasconcelos, Teorias e estruturas organizacionais, FEUP.|
(2) Vasconcelos, José, Recursos humanos, GEIN.
(3) Morlin, A., 2002, Gestão de recursos humanos na obra, in Manual prático de gestão e fiscalização de obras, NPF Pesquisa e Formação
(4) Guimarães, Rui, Conservação de equipamento, FEUP.
(5) Oliveira, RUI Carvalho, Introdução aos modelos de gestão de stocks, GEIN.
(6) Guimarães, Rui, Controlo de qualidade, FEUP.
(7) Ordónez, José Luis, Planificação de obras, Plátano Editora.
(8) Branco, J. Paz, Manual de estaleiros de construção de edifícios.