|Learning Period:||Language of Instruction:||Total Hours:|
|Learning Outcomes of the Curricular Unit:|
|Development of skills in Preventive & Commmunity Dentistry, and also in screening oral health and community health intervention.|
|1. Dental medicine: evolution, principles and applications;|
2. Methods / prevention;
3. Methods of bacterial plaque control;
4. Diet, nutrition and oral health;
5. Problems in sports dental medicine
6. Preventing Breathing Disorders
7. Prevention of Periodontal Disease
8. Prevention of Oral Cancer
9. Community oral health: historical evolution and concepts
10. Sanitary indicators in community dental medicine
11. Oral Health, general health and quality of life
12. Inequalities in oral health: intervention and impacts
13. Public health management and management
14. Specific interventions in Community Oral Health
15. International Perspective on Preventive Interventions
16. Oral Health Programs (National)
|Demonstration of the Syllabus Coherence with the Curricular Unit's Objectives:|
|Theoretical tests: skills evaluation in Preventive & Commmunity Dentistry|
Practical test or individual work: skills evaluation in oral health screening and community health intervention.
|Teaching Methodologies (Including Evaluation):|
|Reviews written by test and practical assessment|
|Demonstration of the Coherence between the Teaching Methodologies and the Learning Outcomes:|
|The evaluation is continuous and measured by the performance in the classes, as well as through the different evaluation moments. If the student opts for this evaluation system for the realization of the theoretical component of the subject will be submitted to different evaluation moments, moments characterized by the performance of tests with the subject previously indicated by the teacher and with a date defined at the beginning of each semestre|
|OMS. Oral Health Surveys - Basic Methods. O.M.S. 4th Ed. 1997. Geneve.|
John J, Murray, June H Nune, James G. Steele. Doenças Orais - Medidas preventivas. 2005. Guanabara Koogan Ed. 4ª ed.
Cynthia Pine, Rebecca Harris. Community Dental Health. 2007. Quintessence ed. 2ª ed.
Jill Mason, Concepts in Dental Public Health Lippincott Williams & Walkins Ed. 2ª edição. 2010.
Felton, A.; Chapman, A; Felton, S.; Basic Guide to Oral Health Education and Promotion (Basic Guide Dentistry Series) . By John Wiley & sons. 2014
Rafael Rioboo Garcia, Odontologia Preventiva y Odontologia Comunitaria Ed. Avances Vol.1 e 2, 2003.
Leo Kriger, Promoção de saúde bucal. ABOPREV. Ed. Artes Médicas. 3ª ed. 2003.
António Carlos Pereira, Odontologia em saúde comunitária Ed. Artmed. 2003.
Cuenca Sala E, Manau Navarro C, Serra Majem L. Odontologia preventiva y comunitária: principios, métodos y aplicaciones. Ed. Masson. 3ª Ed., Barcelona 2005.