|Learning Period:||Language of Instruction:||Total Hours:|
|Learning Outcomes of the Curricular Unit:|
|Development of skills in Preventive & Commmunity Dentistry, and also in screening oral health and community health intervention.|
|1. Prevention in Periodontology|
2. Head and neck cancer prevention
3. Prevention of breath disorders
4. Prevention of dental hypersensitivity and non-cariogenic enamel defects
5. Preventive dentistry in sports medicine
6. Preventive dentistry in sleep disorders
7. Preventive dentistry in odontogeriatrics. Importance of the impact of geography of health and some concepts of demography.
8. Planning and management of oral public health programs. National Program for Oral Health Promotion
9. Health indicators in community dentistry and calibration methods for epidemiological studies.
10. Oral health, health in general and health-related quality of life. Indicators and their application.
11. Dentistry in smoking cessation
12. International perspective of preventive dentistry strategies for the future.
|Demonstration of the Syllabus Coherence with the Curricular Unit's Objectives:|
|Theoretical tests: skills evaluation in Preventive & Commmunity Dentistry|
Practical test or individual work: skills evaluation in oral health screening and community health intervention.
|Teaching Methodologies (Including Evaluation):|
|Written assessment by test and practical exercises in class to be done face to face|
|Demonstration of the Coherence between the Teaching Methodologies and the Learning Outcomes:|
|The evaluation is continuous and measured by the performance in the classes, as well as through the different evaluation moments. If the student opts for this evaluation system for the realization of the theoretical component of the subject will be submitted to different evaluation moments, moments characterized by the performance of tests with the subject previously indicated by the teacher and with a date defined at the beginning of each semestre|
|John J, Murray, June H Nune, James G. Steele. Doenças Orais - Medidas preventivas. 2005. Guanabara Koogan Ed. 4ª ed. |
Cynthia Pine, Rebecca Harris. Community Dental Health. 2007. Quintessence ed. 2ª ed.
Jill Mason, Concepts in Dental Public Health Lippincott Williams & Walkins Ed. 2ª edição. 2010.
Felton, A.; Chapman, A; Felton, S.; Basic Guide to Oral Health Education and Promotion (Basic Guide Dentistry Series) . By John Wiley & sons. 2014
Rafael Rioboo Garcia, Odontologia Preventiva y Odontologia Comunitaria Ed. Avances Vol.1 e 2, 2003.
Leo Kriger, Promoção de saúde bucal. ABOPREV. Ed. Artes Médicas. 3ª ed. 2003.
António Carlos Pereira, Odontologia em saúde comunitária Ed. Artmed. 2003.
Cuenca Sala E, Manau Navarro C, Serra Majem L. Odontologia preventiva y comunitária: principios, métodos y aplicaciones. Ed. Masson. 3ª Ed., Barcelona 2005.
Splieth, C. Innovations in Preventive Dentistry; QUINTESSENCE ed, 2021
|Lecturer (* Responsible):|
|José Frias Bulhosa (firstname.lastname@example.org)|