|Introduction to Clinics and Oral Surgery||841ICCO|
|Learning Period:||Language of Instruction:||Total Hours:|
|Learning Outcomes of the Curricular Unit:|
|This course’s main goal is to feet students with enough knowledge to undertake simple surgical procedures, through a theoretical approach to the basics in minor oral surgery.|
|The History of Oral Surgery, Medical History and Clínical Examination of Patients, Diagnostic Imaging in Oral Surgery, Amlamentarium for Oral Surgery, Principles and Techniques of Anaesthesia. Principles of Surgery, Incisions and Suturing, Uncomplicated Exodontia, Accidents and Postoperative Complications. Odontogenic Infections. Clinical behavior.|
|Demonstration of the Syllabus Coherence with the Curricular Unit's Objectives:|
|The lectures emphasize expository methods , with a view to inter -relationship of the various contents. The focus is on literature on the timeliness of the content displayed on the unit's program. In PL classrom the predominant method statement, participatory and demonstrative, when possible, carried out by the students.|
|Teaching Methodologies (Including Evaluation):|
|The evaluation corresponds 50% theorics, 50% PL. None of the components can have a rating lower than 9.5 values.|
|Demonstration of the Coherence between the Teaching Methodologies and the Learning Outcomes:|
|The lectures emphasize expository methods , with a view to inter -relationship of the various contents. The focus is on literature on the timeliness of the content displayed on the unit's program. In theoretical and pratical classrom practice the predominant method statement, participatory and demonstrative, when possible, carried out by the students.|
|1. Bagán JV e col. Medicina Oral. Barcelona: Masson, 1995.|
2. Boraks S. Diagnóstico Bucal. S. Paulo: Ed. Artes Médicas, 1999.
3. Cawson RA, Odell EW. Essentials of Oral Pathology and Oral Medicine, 6th Ed. London: Churchill Livingstone, 1999.
4. Donado M. Cirurgia Bucal – Patología y Técnica. Madrid: Manuel Donado Rodríguez, 1990.
5. Mano Azul A e col. Atlas de Patología da Mucosa Oral. Porto: AEFMDUP, 1992.
6. Porter S, Scully c. Innovations and Developments in Orofacial Health Care. London: Science Reviews, 1996.
7. Sapp JP, Eversole LR, Wysocki GP. Patología Oral y Maxilofacial Contemporánea. Madrid: Harcourt Brace de España, SA, 1998.
8. Handbook of Local Anesthesia - 7th Edición - Stanley F. Malamed, 2019