|Justice, Ethics and Fundamental Rights||817JEDF|
|Learning Period:||Language of Instruction:||Total Hours:|
|Learning Outcomes of the Curricular Unit:|
|This curricular unit is aimed, mainly, at preparing students: |
1.To understand the concepts of Justice and Human Rights and to promote acquisition of knowledge about the conceptual framework of the Criminal Justice System.
2.To learn about the constraints backup of Human Rights in the international political systems.
3. To study about the most important international and national actors of the various systems involved and promoting instruments for an effective prevention.
4. To promote the knowledge of the ethical issues in the Criminological research and as a criminological professionals.
5. To encourage critical knowledge for pupils about the evaluations of circumstances of control of crime and social reactions to crime, promoting criminological researching from a critical point of view.
|1. The Criminal Justice System and Fundamental Rights|
1.1. Historic evolution of models of Justice and Fundamental Rights
1.2. Democracy System
1.3. Criminal Justice System and Ethics
2. Ethic, Moral and Human Behavior
2.1. Moral, ethic and human behavior
2.2. Ethic and the Criminal Justice and Corrections Professional
3. The problems of the Fundamental Rights and their protection:
2.1. What are Fundamental Rights?
2.3. Typology of Fundamental Rights
2.4. The generation of Rights
2.5. Historic evolution of Fundamental Rights
2.6. Situation of the Fundamental Rights: globalization and security
3. The defense of Fundamental Rights Laws:
3.1.1. The UN: Human Rights and security
3.1.2.The European Union
3.2. The Portuguese constitution and Fundamental Rights.
4. New Deals for the Justice, Ethic and Fundamental Rights.
|Demonstration of the Syllabus Coherence with the Curricular Unit's Objectives:|
|Mindful of the objectives, the contents are adequate to provide students with a broad and complete overview of criminological landscape about the notions of Criminal Justice System, Ethic and Human Rights.|
They also discussed the various generators constraints of security and insecurity and the various constraints that generate such feelings.
It analyzes the law and other national, international and European institutions on mechanisms for the protection of Human Rights. Also, ethical issues in Criminological research will be study.
|Teaching Methodologies (Including Evaluation):|
|It privileges a process of student-centered education, we resort to methods such as oral presentations, interactive dialogue, analysis and discussion of case studies and group work, and are used multimedia and audiovisual tools.|
The evaluation will be ongoing and includes the following two parameters:
- Realization of a written work and its defense (50% weighting in the final grade with 25% regarding the written report and 25% concerning its defense in the context of the classroom);
- Elaboration of a theoretical test (50% weighting in the final grade).
|Demonstration of the Coherence between the Teaching Methodologies and the Learning Outcomes:|
|Mindful of the objectives, the contents are adequate to provide students with a broad and complete overview of criminological landscape about the notions of Criminal Justice System, Ethic and Human Rights. They also discussed the various generators constraints of security and insecurity and the various constraints that generate such feelings. It analyzes the law and other national, international and European institutions on mechanisms for the protection of Human Rights. Also, ethical issues in Criminological research will be study.|
|Barbé, V. (2020). Droit des libertés fondamentales. Gualino Editeur.|
Caseiro, S. (2018). Portugal e a proteção internacional de direitos humanos. Almedina.
Champeil-Desplats, V. (2020). Théorie Generale des Droits et Libertés. Dalloz.
Dupré de Boulois, X. (2020). Droit des libertés fondamentales. PUF.
Hunt, L. (2020). A invenção dos direitos humanos: Uma história. Companhia das Letras.
Ishay, M. (2019). Direitos Humanos: Uma Antologia. Edusp
Piovesan, F. (2019). Direitos Humanos e Justiça Internacional. Saraiva Editora.
|Lecturer (* Responsible):|
|Debora Pereira (firstname.lastname@example.org)|